Do you need an Excel worksheet that will allow you to complete your home-based or small business books?
Well, here is a solution available for you!
I have developed this template for use by my small business clients and found that it works well for most businesses. It is straight-forward to use and easily modified. This spreadsheet will work well for almost anyone, regardless of your abilities with Excel or your familiarity with bookkeeping. Basic explanations on how to use it are included within the spreadsheet, and more information on bookkeeping is available in the following articles:
- Basic Bookkeeping Set-up
- Basic Bookkeeping Concepts
- Bookkeeping How To
- Small Business Bookkeeping Basics
- Making Entries in Basic Bookkeeping
- Bookkeeping at Home
- Bookkeeping Concepts: Assets & Liabilities
- Understanding Liability Accounts
- Allowable Home Office Expenses
- Keeping Your Records Straight
Reading all of these is not necessary to understand how to do the basics. However, you may wish to read them in order to get a better understanding.
The template that is available for download here is cost free. However, I would appreciate it if you can afford to donate for the use of this spreadsheet. Send whatever you can afford! Is $3.00 all you can afford? Then I’m happy with that! If you can afford $10, even better.
For some bonus information on small business, see the following articles. Many small business owners get themselves into trouble by not establishing proper accounting procedures. Laying the proper framework from the beginning can save you a lot of time later on. For example, if you regularly charge business expenses to a small business credit card, you’ll want to review the “Basic Accounting – Understanding Credit Cards” article below and the “Understanding Liability Accounts” article above.
- Business Effects on Credit
- Understanding the Income Statement (P&L)
- Fixed Assets in Small Business Accounting
- Avoiding Collection Problems in Small Business
- Shareholder Agreements in a Business Partnership
- Business Budgeting – Why and What
- Virtual Office – What it is and How it Can Help
- Dealing with Merchandise Returns
- Basic Accounting – Understanding Credit Cards
- Home Office Filing
- Attain Personal Success Using Business Models
I love any feedback you can give me on these and hope this is helpful to you!